I stand here uncertainly
Swayed weak in wind,
Two leaves in the twig
Bends for light of morn
Lonely I grow like stream.
The sun-brook gladly sings
Cooing birds rest on breast,
Blind like bees for nectar
Caress spring time’s gold.
Flowers bloom like stars
Fruits like sun at the top,
The food stuff for birds
Loved by men for shade.
I stand firm in blazing heat
In freezing snow of winter,
Rain like snakes glides down
Never scared of wild thunder.
Suddenly leaves fall fast
Left alone in wrinkled skin,
Uncared as broken doll
I see me useless as old.
Orphaned by earth I depart
Time’s fidelity pains me lot,
Up rooted from garden
Like a broken pot for the soil.
Rajendra padhi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TREE by Rajendra padhi )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Elinor Morton Wylie
(7 September 1885 – 16 December 1928)
(15 April 1958)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 입싸방은아메센터jh, hthrth fdghfh
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda