I stand here uncertainly
Swayed weak in wind,
Two leaves in the twig
Bends for light of morn
Lonely I grow like stream.
The sun-brook gladly sings
Cooing birds rest on breast,
Blind like bees for nectar
Caress spring time’s gold.
Flowers bloom like stars
Fruits like sun at the top,
The food stuff for birds
Loved by men for shade.
I stand firm in blazing heat
In freezing snow of winter,
Rain like snakes glides down
Never scared of wild thunder.
Suddenly leaves fall fast
Left alone in wrinkled skin,
Uncared as broken doll
I see me useless as old.
Orphaned by earth I depart
Time’s fidelity pains me lot,
Up rooted from garden
Like a broken pot for the soil.
Rajendra padhi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TREE by Rajendra padhi )
- What Should I Comment?, Pintu Mahakul
- The Day Of Armageddon, Sir Toby
- जिउआ सानसे समायना, Ronjoy Brahma
- Shadow Girl, Leslie Philibert
- Dear Life, Mark Webster
- Art, Mark Webster
- Being satisfied I am happy, gajanan mishra
- Humanity's Supposed Lament, Shalom Freedman
- नोँ सैथो समायना, Ronjoy Brahma
- Classes: Ruling, Fooling, and Drooling, Alfred Barna
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- When You Are Old, William Butler Yeats
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)