Tower of Souls VI. Hope! ?
With other souls in pain
Eyes searching for one to save
Towards the tower, in the rain
She walked a path, that was paved.
Before the tower she stood,
Clung by rain-soaked clothes
Not with a face of hardened wood
She stopped with an honest pose
Against the wooden door
Her small fist gave hammer- blows
Shouting at the towers law
Challenged it with cutting prose.
Against the tower of black despair
To call those inside to hope
She shouted her words of dare
Maybe save but one from the rope.
“Is Love and Life fair? ”
Her words echoed around the tower
“Give me one soul, you can spare’
The wind plucked at her, and rocked her like a flower.
On rusted hinges the door swung open,
In the tower fair maiden stepped, with hope.
Under a high wooden beam, noosed rope swung from upon,
Eyes ablaze she stood firm and spoke.
Give me a soul so deep and dark
To help and redeem
Let me teach him to sing light like a lark
And give him and me a new dream.
Robert Green's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tower of Souls VI. Hope! ? by Robert Green )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Mitchell Gonzalez
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Police Car, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- My Little Bird, Alfred Oyori
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram