Tower of Souls VI. Hope! ?
With other souls in pain
Eyes searching for one to save
Towards the tower, in the rain
She walked a path, that was paved.
Before the tower she stood,
Clung by rain-soaked clothes
Not with a face of hardened wood
She stopped with an honest pose
Against the wooden door
Her small fist gave hammer- blows
Shouting at the towers law
Challenged it with cutting prose.
Against the tower of black despair
To call those inside to hope
She shouted her words of dare
Maybe save but one from the rope.
“Is Love and Life fair? ”
Her words echoed around the tower
“Give me one soul, you can spare’
The wind plucked at her, and rocked her like a flower.
On rusted hinges the door swung open,
In the tower fair maiden stepped, with hope.
Under a high wooden beam, noosed rope swung from upon,
Eyes ablaze she stood firm and spoke.
Give me a soul so deep and dark
To help and redeem
Let me teach him to sing light like a lark
And give him and me a new dream.
Robert Green's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tower of Souls VI. Hope! ? by Robert Green )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Difference, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Breaking, mary douglas
- Lost Of Ambition, Tony Adah
- Spelling The Things That Drift Away, mary douglas
- I'm Not The Folktune Said The Princess, mary douglas
- Red Velveteen Wouldn't The Rosebuds Wish.., mary douglas
- The Muse In Flight Before The Approachin.., mary douglas
- Etched In The Stone The Weeping Fern Sur.., mary douglas
- Neutralize your last final words, Mark Heathcote
- Her Voice, Kristopher DeLander