Tower of Souls V
Dark clouds roll by
Turning Summer into Winter
Rain lashes down
The sky as black as sinter.
Looking for a break in the clouds
A glimmer of blue sky
Rain so loud
It's covers a maidens sigh.
Under a trees lower branches
She looks for shelter
Raindrops from its leaves
Rolling down Helter Skelter.
Cold drips on her neck
Rain making puddles
Sets her body to quiver.
Dress wet and clingy
She looks at her rippled reflection
Seeking life's direction.
Tears added to raindrops
Fair maiden looks up in despair
See's the dark tower
Sharp intake of air.
As she looks upon it
Another lost soul enters
The cries of the lost
As it gets swallowed in its dark centre.
Robert Green's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tower of Souls V by Robert Green )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Own earth own life, gajanan mishra
- My Girl, Dasia Deas
- Silent Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the old man is bitten, RIC S. BASTASA
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At present, hasmukh amathalal
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Cupid Pari, binod bastola
- my eye has a patch on the inside, Mandolyn ...