Tower of Souls V
Dark clouds roll by
Turning Summer into Winter
Rain lashes down
The sky as black as sinter.
Looking for a break in the clouds
A glimmer of blue sky
Rain so loud
It's covers a maidens sigh.
Under a trees lower branches
She looks for shelter
Raindrops from its leaves
Rolling down Helter Skelter.
Cold drips on her neck
Rain making puddles
Sets her body to quiver.
Dress wet and clingy
She looks at her rippled reflection
Seeking life's direction.
Tears added to raindrops
Fair maiden looks up in despair
See's the dark tower
Sharp intake of air.
As she looks upon it
Another lost soul enters
The cries of the lost
As it gets swallowed in its dark centre.
Robert Green's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tower of Souls V by Robert Green )
- Blame not the stars, gajanan mishra
- Emptyness, advija hrustic
- Lay Me Down, Myrtle Thomas
- Dessert Deluge ..... [ 'just' DESSERTS,.., Bri Edwards
- Standard asset, gajanan mishra
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)