Tower of Souls V
Dark clouds roll by
Turning Summer into Winter
Rain lashes down
The sky as black as sinter.
Looking for a break in the clouds
A glimmer of blue sky
Rain so loud
It's covers a maidens sigh.
Under a trees lower branches
She looks for shelter
Raindrops from its leaves
Rolling down Helter Skelter.
Cold drips on her neck
Rain making puddles
Sets her body to quiver.
Dress wet and clingy
She looks at her rippled reflection
Seeking life's direction.
Tears added to raindrops
Fair maiden looks up in despair
See's the dark tower
Sharp intake of air.
As she looks upon it
Another lost soul enters
The cries of the lost
As it gets swallowed in its dark centre.
Robert Green's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tower of Souls V by Robert Green )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- ~Red Lights~, E Nigma
- I Am Happy To Walk Home Alone Slowly, Shalom Freedman
- Why Can't I Sleep, rty rty
- जेब्ला आं जिरायना थायो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Once Upon A Time, Matthias Pantaleon
- Public opinion on peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- BEWILDERED CONFUSED, Michael P. Johnson
- love as a natural disaster that can't be.., Hyeladai kwapaya
- बहा आंनि मिनिनाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- A few, very few, too few..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL