Too Young To Know
I tell youth now,
as I was once told.
'You're too young to know,
what life beholds.
Too young to understand,
What disappointment means,
Too inexperienced to comprehend,
the nature of unfulfilled dreams.
Too immature to attempt to realize,
The world I have seen with these two eyes.'
And so I preach these words to all youth about,
Bearing not a single shred of doubt,
That my words mean nothing to them today,
but will when they recite them too someday.
(C) 1993 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Too Young To Know by Elena Plotkin )
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Want To Play All Day and..., Monk E. Biz
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dangerous Attraction, Sandra Feldman