Lawrence S. Pertillar
Today Not Too Many Are Interested
If I should dare to be so creative,
I would first set out for my mind to seek...
That place not offended by my attempts.
And I felt my efforts appreciated,
By those equally ambitious...
With feelings felt just as deep.
If I should dare to be so innovative,
With a doing of it in an environment.
My motivation would be inspired by others,
Who accepted and not reject...
What a reaching to explore,
And what adventure meant.
If I should dare with a daring to be done,
And everyone else did the same as if obligated...
I would be a participant with others who participated,
In the doing of their best to bring benefit to the rest.
But today not too many are interested,
In leaving their procrastinations to imitate and impress.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today Not Too Many Are Interested by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- The Unimpressed Poet, Hebert Logerie
- Poetical Life Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mere Words, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Occasions Of Promise, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A LITTLE PRAYER, Vinaya Joseph
- Even for bluff, hasmukh amathalal
- For you - Mother, gajanan mishra
- My Morning Glory, Refa Kris
- The Beast, Shannon Paterson
- Mode Of Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)