Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Today Not Too Many Are Interested
If I should dare to be so creative,
I would first set out for my mind to seek...
That place not offended by my attempts.
And I felt my efforts appreciated,
By those equally ambitious...
With feelings felt just as deep.
If I should dare to be so innovative,
With a doing of it in an environment.
My motivation would be inspired by others,
Who accepted and not reject...
What a reaching to explore,
And what adventure meant.
If I should dare with a daring to be done,
And everyone else did the same as if obligated...
I would be a participant with others who participated,
In the doing of their best to bring benefit to the rest.
But today not too many are interested,
In leaving their procrastinations to imitate and impress.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.