Lawrence S. Pertillar
Today Not Too Many Are Interested
If I should dare to be so creative,
I would first set out for my mind to seek...
That place not offended by my attempts.
And I felt my efforts appreciated,
By those equally ambitious...
With feelings felt just as deep.
If I should dare to be so innovative,
With a doing of it in an environment.
My motivation would be inspired by others,
Who accepted and not reject...
What a reaching to explore,
And what adventure meant.
If I should dare with a daring to be done,
And everyone else did the same as if obligated...
I would be a participant with others who participated,
In the doing of their best to bring benefit to the rest.
But today not too many are interested,
In leaving their procrastinations to imitate and impress.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today Not Too Many Are Interested by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Cold October Nights, Mikey Bachman
- Pilgrims, Suresh Dogra
- Arms of Rain, lakshmi s bose
- Once gone, Sentamu Aziz
- Misnomer, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Retribution, Valsa George
- Complete Puzzle, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Life, Faisal Qaiyum
- Kamala Das (II), Bijay Kant Dubey
- "American Exceptionalism", michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Chocolate Cake, Michael Rosen
- Television, Roald Dahl
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge