I saw you today...You walked right past me... I smiled. I wondered if you missed me.... Seeing the sad look on your face confirmed what I knew. You were still grieving over me. As you stop I walk up behind you and hold you close, whispering softly, 'It's okay to let me go. I know you miss me but it's time for me to leave this earth..I need to move on.' A tear rolls down your cheek knowing that I'm right. As your heart starts to let me go I start to fade. I give you a tight hug and whisper once more, 'I love you, We will be together again one day. Just don't forget me.' As I completely fade away you start to walk out the door into the world to start your day and I whisper one last time knowing only I can hear myself. 'I love you...'
Shadow Vanity's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today by Shadow Vanity )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- The role of Kama, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I Dream of Her, Olufayo Ezekiel
- I realized why we get hurt, Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- That fatal day to all, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 10, Michael P. McParland
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza
- Solitary song, gajanan mishra
- To Sleep I Go, Michael P. McParland