To the people in Pakistan - On the Death of Sanaullah Ranajay in India.
A new low has been invented.
Abyss of human demise knows no end.
We shook hands to invent new,
Shared, faces, of barbaric beasts,
New colours, new death dance, new screams,
How lovely is our shared carnival.
I thought we would be a shade wiser.
I was a born sucker and miser.
I wanted to eke credit for my country alone.
How shallow of me, sorry my brothers.
My countrymen did not fail you.
We shared the feast of death.
We are with you in equal measure,
Delirious in joy,
Raping the civilisation that bore our girls and boys.
I thought we were better placed.
We had juiced the saffron of Sufi and the Rubaai
In our bones lay Mirza Ghalib, Tagore, Jayshankar Prasad and Dinkar
The blood warms with the gush of Gulzaar and Javed Akhtar
Our thoughts dance with Chetan Bhagat, Arundhuti Roy, Arvinda Adiga, Vikram Seth
Salman Rushdie and many many others.
Even Faiz Ahmed Faiz roams like a ghost,
In the dark caverns of our subconscious,
Alas we too are idiots, brothers after all we are born of the same mother, same father.
Brothers you now have no hope.
We know your Democrasy is puppetry,
Generals fight with strings and people watch mute.
We never gave you an antidote.
We have now fallen sick, we caught the bug of mindless trot.
Our people have stopped to think, they are turning into zombies,
Who outsource even their will.
I therefore now appeal.
Enough of a vacation you guys had.
Rise up to free your land from the gun,
The barrel that points on your holy land,
Pointed and armed, held by your own junta,
The peace lovers in India are dying,
They are not going to last till your living.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To the people in Pakistan - On the Death of Sanaullah Ranajay in India. by Hardik Vaidya )
- Beside you walks a woman, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- A name on the tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Standing In The Middle, Katherine Perry
- Non - Compliance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Is homosexual an adultery?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- my heart zeal's with the angels, Antonio Liao
- Peace Of The Soul, Michael McParland
- Dream: Not Scream, Aftab Alam
- Do you?, Petai Jirakongpipat
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Incident In A Rose Garden (By Donald Jus.., michael zhitnitsky
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)