Alfonso X El Sabio
To The Month Of May (From The Cantigas)
Welcome, O May, yet once again we greet thee!
So alway praise we her, the Holy Mother,
Who prays to God that he shall aid us ever
Against our foes, and to us ever listen.
Welcome, O May! loyally art thou welcome!
So alway praise we her, the Mother of kindness,
Mother who alway on us taketh pity,
Mother who guardeth us from woes unnumbered.
Welcome, O May! welcome, O month well favored!
So let us ever pray and offer praises
To her who ceases not for us, for sinners,
To pray to God that we from woes be guarded.
Welcome, O May! O joyous month and stainless!
So will we ever pray to her who gaineth
Grace from her Son for us, and gives each morning
Force that by us the Moors from Spain are driven.
Welcome, O May, of bread and wine the giver!
Pray then to her, for in her arms, an infant
She bore the Lord! she points us on our journey,
The journey that to her will bear us quickly!
Alfonso X El Sabio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To The Month Of May (From The Cantigas) by Alfonso X El Sabio )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- It's You Alright, jael mboga
- Nothing To Regret, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Automaton, Michael Mira
- Edge of Eternity, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Don't Let the Sorrow Dampen Tomorrow, Michael Mira
- Commonwealth War Graveyards, alexander opicho
- Portreti im., skender iljaz braka
- Mopping Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A walk to end, Somanathan Iyer
- Picture Of Tomorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak