to Ekam (revised version)
because of Us,
how to stop destruction,
or why it must be so
(unless you have no say)
are things You must want to know.
to fall for fire to create the more;
to create Something that creates?
Do You want Us to stop destruction
by providing Something
with reason to ignore
what fire We have created
for Something to fall for?
If 'no', it must be so.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (to Ekam (revised version) by douglas scotney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen
- ASHES IN THE EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- الجناس, Abdullah alHemaidy