Tiger and Deer
I asked him, ‘Tigers devour deer;
why do deer live beside the tigers then? '
‘They will live beside tigers. It is the doctrine.
Tigers never jump over deer if they don't feel hungry.
If the deer did not stay beside tigers, they would extinct
from earth many days ago. Men would then enter
the Sundarbans, loading trucks with deer would come back
to slaughter-house and destroy them over night.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tiger and Deer by Sayeed Abubakar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(15 April 1958)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Elinor Morton Wylie
(7 September 1885 – 16 December 1928)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 입싸방은아메센터jh, hthrth fdghfh
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda