THREE MONKEYS…PLUS ONE
First monkey covered his eyes and spoke,
“See no evil”...
By refusing to see and confronting evil
Victims are born of doubt, guilt and fear
Clear sight sheds light and illumines evil
Second monkey covered his ears and spoke,
“Hear no evil”...
By refusing to hear the voice of evil one cannot know truth
Truth is discerned by the heart and mind
Voicing truth creates a vibration that dis-integrates evil
Third monkey covered his mouth and thought,
“Speak no evil”...
Evil cannot manifest if one thinks before speaking
Fourth monkey opened his mouth and spoke,
“Do no evil”...
This was the wisest monkey of all
Ray Lucero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THREE MONKEYS…PLUS ONE by Ray Lucero )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Empty Cartridge, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Your Love, abigail sikwenda
- The Missing Feeling, abigail sikwenda
- Lights Off, abigail sikwenda
- Situationships, abigail sikwenda
- Kind leaning, hasmukh amathalal
- I Dreamt About You, abigail sikwenda
- Please Remember, abigail sikwenda
- So near, yet so far..., Musical Ravi
- Shackled by Love, Maheshwer Peri