Glen Martin Fitch
THREATS: A LOVE POEM
Out of a crowd
you picked me for your love.
I'm happy, grateful,
proud yet without pride.
is all I'm thinking of.
It's we against the world now,
side by side.
I'm here for you
It won't be me
who says we have to part.
And if you ever bid me go,
I'll be so sad.
I will not leave,
I've given you my heart.
I'll be the tune
you'll notice when you yawn,
repeating on and on,
do what you may.
I'll be the shadow
at your feet all day.
I will hold you all night long.
Try all your might,
I'll be the booger on your finger
that you cannot flick away.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THREATS: A LOVE POEM by Glen Martin Fitch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Monoku, Connie Marcum Wong
- A Poem On Behalf Of Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- With prayers, hasmukh amathalal
- Everywhere I Go, Luc Leclaire
- Mississippi Moments, Connie Marcum Wong
- Questions Of Eternal Doubt, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remembering Mother, Liilia Talts Morrison
- the heat is on, Mandolyn ...
- To Valerie Macon New Poet Laureate of No.., mary douglas
- Visiting The Edge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak