They Called Me A Liar.
The words i said,
Never did they believe.
They called me a liar,
and left me all alone.
They said i could not be trusted,
And for no reason blamed me.
Insulted me in-front of everyone,
Said all they had to.
They said i was double faced,
And advised people to stay away from me.
They called me fake,
And that i never kept words.
Not knowing how i felt,
For inside i burned like fire.
I denied their fact
And they said this was the biggest lie.
For inside i know,
Down to earth i am.
Honesty I loved,
But people considered it as a lie.
I know what I am.
I know I ain't Fake
I know I ain't a liar.
I know I ain't double faced.
And the ones who said that
Were the people whom i cared for.
They said all they had to
And said never did i care for them.
Why was this happening?
I couldn't understand.
For the world was changing
And the honest was considered a liar.
After all i did for them
This was the result,
They said i used them.
Not knowing they used me.
For sensitive I am.
Feelings I do have
For short tempered I am
Anger I do have.
I couldn't just start arguing
So i kept my mouth shut.
That was the best i could do.
Cause i know i was right.
They called me uncool,
But when did i ever say i was cool?
They made up stories by themselves
And when i said i did not, They called me a liar.
Mistakes do happen.
There's always a second chance.
but they called me a liar
And that's why i left them.
So let go of those people.
Who always put you down.
Do what your heart says.
All you go to do
Turn around and Say watch me
Haters will sat what they want to
But never will it stop you from chasing your dreams.
Cause I know i was not a liar,
And i Knew It.
Raabia Tabassum's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Called Me A Liar. by Raabia Tabassum )
- 'Samantha', Mpho Tsakata
- They do as they want, Nassy Fesharaki
- Oh, Dani, Mr. Spock
- The Day Will Come, Mitta Xinindlu
- Unrequited Love, Amber Carr
- Easy It Is To Forget, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Loving Is A Wish, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- just done, Rachelle Langley
- You Sheep I Blame, Rocky Wolfbanger
- Additament Amour Apier, Louis Borgo
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)