They Called Me A Liar.
The words i said,
Never did they believe.
They called me a liar,
and left me all alone.
They said i could not be trusted,
And for no reason blamed me.
Insulted me in-front of everyone,
Said all they had to.
They said i was double faced,
And advised people to stay away from me.
They called me fake,
And that i never kept words.
Not knowing how i felt,
For inside i burned like fire.
I denied their fact
And they said this was the biggest lie.
For inside i know,
Down to earth i am.
Honesty I loved,
But people considered it as a lie.
I know what I am.
I know I ain't Fake
I know I ain't a liar.
I know I ain't double faced.
And the ones who said that
Were the people whom i cared for.
They said all they had to
And said never did i care for them.
Why was this happening?
I couldn't understand.
For the world was changing
And the honest was considered a liar.
After all i did for them
This was the result,
They said i used them.
Not knowing they used me.
For sensitive I am.
Feelings I do have
For short tempered I am
Anger I do have.
I couldn't just start arguing
So i kept my mouth shut.
That was the best i could do.
Cause i know i was right.
They called me uncool,
But when did i ever say i was cool?
They made up stories by themselves
And when i said i did not, They called me a liar.
Mistakes do happen.
There's always a second chance.
but they called me a liar
And that's why i left them.
So let go of those people.
Who always put you down.
Do what your heart says.
All you go to do
Turn around and Say watch me
Haters will sat what they want to
But never will it stop you from chasing your dreams.
Cause I know i was not a liar,
And i Knew It.
Raabia Tabassum's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Called Me A Liar. by Raabia Tabassum )
- Moisture, Chideraza Lowell
- Bharatheeyakavitha, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Not A Sound, Tango Tango
- - People? - (Haiku), Joe Muschaweck
- 男人赋, qin xing
- Genetic Predisposition Towords Violence, Is It Poetry
- Wild Is The Churning Of The Winds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honesty, Nassy Fesharaki
- Do Not Be Serious, Kumarmani Mahakul
- 24/7, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)