White sage smolders
in red abalone shell
and the fragrant smoke
bows to the ONE.
Outside in a mild breeze
I lounge before the sun, my eyes
ride a hummingbird
zooming in wild abandon.
I should be writing
stories in my mind
begging to be told,
but this tiny creature
has me captive on its wings.
Who will know I was here
and this was taking place,
for shadows on the ground
have neither tongues nor eyes.
manny moreno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Scribe by manny moreno )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- coal on the asphalt, a mile away, Mandolyn ...
- Jostled here and there, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Over the seas Over the waves, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Reunion, Umasree Raghunath
- Over The Edge Over The Slippery Ledges, Emmanuel George Cefai
- World War One, P.D. Turner
- The Poet-Seer irresistible, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Slow Fast But sure, Emmanuel George Cefai
- My Mocking Jay, Aaron Waingrow
- The honey dripping leaves, Emmanuel George Cefai