Jacques De Boys
The Scars Of A Lion
I got the scars of a lion walking through trial.
No one will ever sleep my dreams.
Not only am I without you–motion the tactics–I am alone in this dream.
I got the scars of a lion in the civic enmity of communion.
I know not the color of the sky.
I know more the color of suffering.
I got the scars of a lion at my own leisure.
This is my letter to a world, that has never written to me–
My tightest compassion was tenderly judged.
If my mortal life can unveil an immortality, let the blind assassin walk upon me.
Jacques De Boys's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Scars Of A Lion by Jacques De Boys )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.40, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.39, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.38, Monk E. Biz
- Changes, Tex T Sarnie
- Mankind, Tex T Sarnie
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.37, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.36, Monk E. Biz
- What Obama..Years Sought...Served Up On .., James B. Earley
- The Dream Catcher, Savita Tyagi
- Believe In Your Own Life Again, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)