Jacques De Boys
The Scars Of A Lion
I got the scars of a lion walking through trial.
No one will ever sleep my dreams.
Not only am I without you–motion the tactics–I am alone in this dream.
I got the scars of a lion in the civic enmity of communion.
I know not the color of the sky.
I know more the color of suffering.
I got the scars of a lion at my own leisure.
This is my letter to a world, that has never written to me–
My tightest compassion was tenderly judged.
If my mortal life can unveil an immortality, let the blind assassin walk upon me.
Jacques De Boys's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Scars Of A Lion by Jacques De Boys )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- The Ifs Of My Life, Trevor Toews
- Scratch, Trevor Toews
- The Ways, Gholamreza Zarban
- To Neilburg, Trevor Toews
- The New Norm, Michelle Dragonfly
- Context, Trevor Toews
- Love Stoned, Electric Lady
- The Guardian, Trevor Toews
- 'I Love You, I Love You.', Michelle Dragonfly
- Screams In The Dark, Michelle Dragonfly