Dr John Celes
The Relay Race
To whom shall I the baton give?
My lap is getting o’er almost;
There are more laps in the relay race;
How many more, I don’t know.
I seem to see my finishing line;
I’ve run the race as best as I could;
I ran as fast as my legs could;
I do not see the person right.
Not a righteous soul, I see;
Rare are the honest, sincere ones;
I wonder where ethics has gone!
I see a world of anarchy!
What has God in store for me?
What are His mighty plans?
I’ve obeyed Him to my heart’s best;
’Tis time for me to quit.
I ran on terrain not so good;
I saw climes quite inimical;
I came across hurdles many;
I canter now but cannot cruise!
When will my lap be o’er?
My energy seems gone;
My confidence is great;
But spectators, I hate.
When will my run be o’er?
I wish I get success;
God is with me, I know;
He will make me an ace!
I did my part too well from start;
I couldn’t foresee the run’s nature;
I knew it was my God’s calling;
So, I must run on till I’m done!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 29-06-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Relay Race by Dr John Celes )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Mistletoe, Walter de la Mare
Poem of the Day
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Rainbow & Sun, Luo Zhihai
- Your Possible Futures, Joseph Archer
- Winters Descent, Babbling Brookes
- Wintersummertime, Joseph Archer
- The ComeBack, Asma Riaz Khan
- Dreams, Sergio D'Amico
- Untitled (We Were On A Train), Joseph Archer
- My Sunprincess, Neela Nath