Dr John Celes
The Relay Race
To whom shall I the baton give?
My lap is getting o’er almost;
There are more laps in the relay race;
How many more, I don’t know.
I seem to see my finishing line;
I’ve run the race as best as I could;
I ran as fast as my legs could;
I do not see the person right.
Not a righteous soul, I see;
Rare are the honest, sincere ones;
I wonder where ethics has gone!
I see a world of anarchy!
What has God in store for me?
What are His mighty plans?
I’ve obeyed Him to my heart’s best;
’Tis time for me to quit.
I ran on terrain not so good;
I saw climes quite inimical;
I came across hurdles many;
I canter now but cannot cruise!
When will my lap be o’er?
My energy seems gone;
My confidence is great;
But spectators, I hate.
When will my run be o’er?
I wish I get success;
God is with me, I know;
He will make me an ace!
I did my part too well from start;
I couldn’t foresee the run’s nature;
I knew it was my God’s calling;
So, I must run on till I’m done!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 29-06-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Relay Race by Dr John Celes )
- Change The Inevitable, Tony Adah
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.57, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Long before my birth (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- Let Me Be Her<3, Nautica Moxley
- Absalom, Gert Strydom
- Freedom Is Calling, Tony Adah
- God and Guru, gajanan mishra
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Birth day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)