Shalom Freedman (Troy New York)
The Poem I Wrote After My Life Was Over
Did not know how to end the longing
To begin again-
It did not know how to end the longing
For love and laughter
As love and laughter can only be
In the freedom of the younger days-
The poem I wrote after my life was over
Was a poem about wanting to live again-
And perhaps the poem itself
Was the life
that tried to prove my life was not over yet
When it was.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
- 18 Definitions Of A Short Poem
- 18 Definitions Of Poetry
- A Day Is Ending and Nothing Has Been Don...
- A Day Is Gone
- A Day Without Poetry
- A Day Without Poetry/Is A Lost Day
- A Few Kind Words
- A Friend Is Gone (For Alex Auswaks)
- A Grandchild Gives New Hope In Life
- A Great And Unusual Happiness
- A Great Man Died
- A Lesson From Sam Berns Of Blessed Memor...
- A Life Is Lived The Way It Is Lived
- A Little Poem/ At Heart A Home
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.