Bazi alis Subrata Ray
The Masked Lunatic
Come dear let us talk and play,
Lending no ear to what they say,
We would make the present the rime of the day.
Look at me, ask, what I got in life,
With a love-loran swine eloped the wife,
Should I cry, or another try?
And you who never did marry,
Wear the malty of many a story,
And prove a river to dip a bath!
Oh! No let us go and beguile,
We would not leave any profile,
Let us fuss with wild smiles!
I know you claim no interest,
My allotted time is going to over,
And another client is coming in the gate.
I wanted to unburden my clumsy odds,
For, neither I prayed nor submitted to God,
I was ambitious and a whole-time hoard.
Hey, let me book another night,
I forward a cheque for time-ride,
Tell your Madame, you are well paid.
Ah! Money, I have enough,
But sorry, they prove scorpions in my tub,
Oh! I have no note to play on my broken harp!
Yes, yes I have eaten, lots of yellow -green,
A museum of faces with different screens,
Politicians, film stars, and bottle- teens.
Hi perhaps, you want to ask,
What kind of service I demand from your task,
You may go, I don’t know, I think I am a mask!
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Masked Lunatic by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
- The theme is flight, Patricia Spears Jones
- Son Cubano, Patricia Spears Jones
- After Many Years (Tanka), Mihaela Pirjol
- I live and I, gajanan mishra
- Crime & War, Dean Meredith
- This world is messy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Barriers Within, Namita Sawant
- Ma mate kahuchhi, gajanan mishra
- The New Watch, Terence Murphy
- My mother is telling me, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)