Bazi alis Subrata Ray
The Masked Lunatic
Come dear let us talk and play,
Lending no ear to what they say,
We would make the present the rime of the day.
Look at me, ask, what I got in life,
With a love-loran swine eloped the wife,
Should I cry, or another try?
And you who never did marry,
Wear the malty of many a story,
And prove a river to dip a bath!
Oh! No let us go and beguile,
We would not leave any profile,
Let us fuss with wild smiles!
I know you claim no interest,
My allotted time is going to over,
And another client is coming in the gate.
I wanted to unburden my clumsy odds,
For, neither I prayed nor submitted to God,
I was ambitious and a whole-time hoard.
Hey, let me book another night,
I forward a cheque for time-ride,
Tell your Madame, you are well paid.
Ah! Money, I have enough,
But sorry, they prove scorpions in my tub,
Oh! I have no note to play on my broken harp!
Yes, yes I have eaten, lots of yellow -green,
A museum of faces with different screens,
Politicians, film stars, and bottle- teens.
Hi perhaps, you want to ask,
What kind of service I demand from your task,
You may go, I don’t know, I think I am a mask!
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Masked Lunatic by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- A Single Black Rose, Michael Koelliker
Poem of the Day
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal
- With few bucks, hasmukh amathalal
- Nature's love and hate song, Anu Shraddha
- Humanity in person, hasmukh amathalal