The Lords of Maussane
One after the other, they wished to predict a happy future for us,
With an eclipse in their image and all the anguish befitting us!
We disdained this equality,
Answered no to their assiduous words.
We followed the stony way the heart traced for us
Up to the plains of the air and the unique silence.
We made our demanding love bleed,
Our happiness wrestle each pebble.
They say at this moment that, beyond their vision,
The hail terrifies them, more than the snow of the dead!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lords of Maussane by René Char )
- In The Name Of Peace, Edward Kofi Louis
- Gandhi Jayanthi., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- a droplet in an ocean, kedar thapa
- Concepts 26, Somanathan Iyer
- Voice Of The Mountain Top, George Egba
- Untitled, kedar thapa
- Courage, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Hard Road To Success, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ignorance keeps us together Knowing make.., kedar thapa
- The greatest secret present everywhere, kedar thapa
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(November 9 - 1937)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)