The Lonesome Days
Somedays I'm so lonely
I throw acorns into the forest
waiting for someone to call out.
I sing love songs in the street
just a little bit too loud
waiting for someone
to scream at me to quiet down.
Just to hear them
say only a few words to me.
Sometimes I'm so lonely
I speak to the stars
like I'm speaking to you
and drop all my secrets
into the bay.
B.B. Loring's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lonesome Days by B.B. Loring )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ku mund ta gjej demonin e arsyes? ....., skender iljaz braka
- Music is a miracle..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Irresistible Sweetness, kayanja isaac
- Not a journey by train, Stephen Brian Brady
- आंखौ दाबावदे सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- No Choice, Elia Michael
- Bury My Unwillingness, Margaret Alice Second
- An advice, Somanathan Iyer
- Too long, too short, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Its been four months now, Vangile Mtyali