The Lonesome Days
Somedays I'm so lonely
I throw acorns into the forest
waiting for someone to call out.
I sing love songs in the street
just a little bit too loud
waiting for someone
to scream at me to quiet down.
Just to hear them
say only a few words to me.
Sometimes I'm so lonely
I speak to the stars
like I'm speaking to you
and drop all my secrets
into the bay.
B.B. Loring's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lonesome Days by B.B. Loring )
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak