The Lonesome Days
Somedays I'm so lonely
I throw acorns into the forest
waiting for someone to call out.
I sing love songs in the street
just a little bit too loud
waiting for someone
to scream at me to quiet down.
Just to hear them
say only a few words to me.
Sometimes I'm so lonely
I speak to the stars
like I'm speaking to you
and drop all my secrets
into the bay.
B.B. Loring's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lonesome Days by B.B. Loring )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas
- Where my soul resides like a flightless .., Mark Heathcote
- The Poets Behold From Heaven Their Words.., mary douglas
- The New Life: Fourth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- LOVING, bill costley
- A Prayer For The Unsuspecting, mary douglas
- Another Shop On The Street With Mary Pop.., mary douglas
- Is All That Matters Then, Rohit Sapra
- Librarian, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Holy Book, Tony Adah