Bijay Kant Dubey
In the mirror everyone looks to be a hero or a heroine
But in reality is not,
As the hero is not a hero and the heroine not a heroine,
Neither a cine star nor an artiste
But a boy dodged,
A girl cheated and left out.
The hero is not a hero you are looking for
But a drama boy,
Wanting to be in the limelight,
The heroine too coloured and dressed well,
Powdered and creamed
And the light falling over.
In the camera films or reels, everyone is a hero or a heroine
But when the light goes off
And the intoxication of the bottle down,
Everyone is but a zero,
The fall from there,
Dream, its colour and fancy to reality.
In the plastic reels of snapped photos, everyone looks colourful
But the bare realty shows him wrinkled and ageing
Which but one cannot deny from accepting it
And I know it who is a hero and who not,
How does the hero behave with the heroine?
Everybody in the dark sunglasses and the mirror appears to be a hero
And this is no less than, the moment you are before the mirror,
Seeing your face and thinking within,
How handsome or beautiful are you!
You say it to me, who is not a hero,
Who is not a heroine?
And even if you are not, the sunglasses will make you,
You use powder and cream,
Consult a make-up man and the costume director,
They will definitely make you turn into a hero or a heroine
Of your choice and liking.
Even the ugliest turn into heroes and heroines
And what more to say to?
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Hero by Bijay Kant Dubey )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Mourning attire, Madrason writer
- On My Walmart Chair, Juan Olivarez
- White Beauty in Love with Green Apples, Harindhar Reddy
- Searching the snake catcher.(humor}, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mizzle, Juan Olivarez
- I Found Life vis-à-vis Washing Machine, Harindhar Reddy
- Your Life Together, Bill Galvin
- When Your Heaven Called, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- साज मिटाना होगा - a spurrier that must b.., yashovardhan kulkarni
- Peaceful living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..