Bijay Kant Dubey
In the mirror everyone looks to be a hero or a heroine
But in reality is not,
As the hero is not a hero and the heroine not a heroine,
Neither a cine star nor an artiste
But a boy dodged,
A girl cheated and left out.
The hero is not a hero you are looking for
But a drama boy,
Wanting to be in the limelight,
The heroine too coloured and dressed well,
Powdered and creamed
And the light falling over.
In the camera films or reels, everyone is a hero or a heroine
But when the light goes off
And the intoxication of the bottle down,
Everyone is but a zero,
The fall from there,
Dream, its colour and fancy to reality.
In the plastic reels of snapped photos, everyone looks colourful
But the bare realty shows him wrinkled and ageing
Which but one cannot deny from accepting it
And I know it who is a hero and who not,
How does the hero behave with the heroine?
Everybody in the dark sunglasses and the mirror appears to be a hero
And this is no less than, the moment you are before the mirror,
Seeing your face and thinking within,
How handsome or beautiful are you!
You say it to me, who is not a hero,
Who is not a heroine?
And even if you are not, the sunglasses will make you,
You use powder and cream,
Consult a make-up man and the costume director,
They will definitely make you turn into a hero or a heroine
Of your choice and liking.
Even the ugliest turn into heroes and heroines
And what more to say to?
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Hero by Bijay Kant Dubey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1618 – 28 July 1667)
- leticia s david
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(November 9 - 1937)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Luggage, Kirsty Higginson
- There Is No Place For True Contributor, Pijush Biswas
- Bachchon ka ghar बच्चों का घर, S.D. TIWARI
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty