Bijay Kant Dubey
In the mirror everyone looks to be a hero or a heroine
But in reality is not,
As the hero is not a hero and the heroine not a heroine,
Neither a cine star nor an artiste
But a boy dodged,
A girl cheated and left out.
The hero is not a hero you are looking for
But a drama boy,
Wanting to be in the limelight,
The heroine too coloured and dressed well,
Powdered and creamed
And the light falling over.
In the camera films or reels, everyone is a hero or a heroine
But when the light goes off
And the intoxication of the bottle down,
Everyone is but a zero,
The fall from there,
Dream, its colour and fancy to reality.
In the plastic reels of snapped photos, everyone looks colourful
But the bare realty shows him wrinkled and ageing
Which but one cannot deny from accepting it
And I know it who is a hero and who not,
How does the hero behave with the heroine?
Everybody in the dark sunglasses and the mirror appears to be a hero
And this is no less than, the moment you are before the mirror,
Seeing your face and thinking within,
How handsome or beautiful are you!
You say it to me, who is not a hero,
Who is not a heroine?
And even if you are not, the sunglasses will make you,
You use powder and cream,
Consult a make-up man and the costume director,
They will definitely make you turn into a hero or a heroine
Of your choice and liking.
Even the ugliest turn into heroes and heroines
And what more to say to?
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Hero by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- Renaissance, LALITHA JOSEPH
- Picture Puzzle, Heather Burns
- Is a woman free really?, gajanan mishra
- Midnight Blue, Heather Burns
- Rodeo Rogues, Saiom Shriver
- Seek And Ye Shall Find, Saiom Shriver
- Starlove, Saiom Shriver
- Sonnet No: 62 I WERE A CUCKOO, I'D SWE.., Dipankar Sadhukhan
- dreams and reality, Rahman Henry
- To Alex. Cunningham, Esq., Writer, Edinb.., Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)