Marvin Brato Sr
' The Family Life'
Family is a basic unit in society
created through love and integrity
nowadays families are breaking apart
one can predicts the demise such part.
Family today is loaded with adversities
frustrations emanate from social difficulties
lack of job security, or single-parent dilemmas
imminent divorce breaks troubled families in mass.
The origin of marriage had exalted family union
the Creator of humanity declared such dominion
'What God has put together let no man put asunder'
humans were created to glorify the Creator yonder.
God had brought Adam and Eve in harmony
'husband and wife should stick in matrimony
the pursuit of life-styles violate the accord
violates the standard set by the Almighty Lord!
Greed for material things are the worse single threat
to family life because it gets in destroys relationships
drains most family of quality time, and innate camaraderie
if only God is made the center in the family there shall glory!
Marvin Brato Sr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' The Family Life' by Marvin Brato Sr )
- The condition, hasmukh amathalal
- Reason, Elia Michael
- Autumn again but, Nassy Fesharaki
- He Was Leaving, Neela Nath
- Symphony, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The hunter's trap - By POET Yaser Nadeem.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- As passimist, hasmukh amathalal
- As golden, hasmukh amathalal
- without warning, with morning, Lucy Gray
- How to Pinda-Dana?, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)