Marvin Brato Sr
' The Family Life'
Family is a basic unit in society
created through love and integrity
nowadays families are breaking apart
one can predicts the demise such part.
Family today is loaded with adversities
frustrations emanate from social difficulties
lack of job security, or single-parent dilemmas
imminent divorce breaks troubled families in mass.
The origin of marriage had exalted family union
the Creator of humanity declared such dominion
'What God has put together let no man put asunder'
humans were created to glorify the Creator yonder.
God had brought Adam and Eve in harmony
'husband and wife should stick in matrimony
the pursuit of life-styles violate the accord
violates the standard set by the Almighty Lord!
Greed for material things are the worse single threat
to family life because it gets in destroys relationships
drains most family of quality time, and innate camaraderie
if only God is made the center in the family there shall glory!
Marvin Brato Sr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' The Family Life' by Marvin Brato Sr )
- I Am Time, Time, Indelible, Indestructib.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cambridge -Seat of Learning., Geoffrey Fafard
- Disharmony......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Time Is Not Staying In Place, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
- Gorgeous Girls, Scott J. Shepard
- Your Wet Eyelashes, Eyelids, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Love In The Guise Of Friendship, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)