The Falling 2013
Their enemy will reign over them
The die is cast and it will happen.
Hardness of heart, their post mortem
This proud blind nation will not rise again
Signs of falling they do not see
Too blind and filled with callous pride
Their enemies now take the steps
To mark their graves from side to side.
Rejection, scorn, of the One true God
That could reverse the curses laid
Have opened now the doors they had
And soon their loftiness gets paid.
Watch with careful, diligent study
The Falling Nation grope on knees
Darkness covers land and seas
Its young cry out like sheep that flee.
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright Cynthia Buhain Baello
Revised October 23,2012
Comments about this poem (The Falling 2013 by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Under The Canopy, Neela Nath
- Not able to stay pure, gajanan mishra
- Papa, papa, hasmukh amathalal
- Who is Richard Thripp?, Richard Thripp
- Day ends, gajanan mishra
- Pedants, Muhammad Shanazar
- My Heart Desires, Muhammad Shanazar
- Good Wishes, Muhammad Shanazar
- Salute your Father, gajanan mishra
- Haiku for the end of semester, Leigh Sena