One moment I was busy typing away,
the next moment our departure from planet earth
was well on its way.
Jesus Christ left the right hand of
The Father. He traveled to planet earth
courtesy of the universe.
'Go and get my children, the Father
told the Son. The time for them to enter
my presence has begun.'
There Jesus Christ stood in the cloudy
mid-air. On earth below people were
worrying about their many cares.
Suddenly the lighning flashed all over
the world, people were disappearing:
men and women and boys and girls.
We were reunited with our deceased
neighbors and friends. The celebration
of our reunion had only just begun.
'In the twinkling of an eye, at the sound
of the last trumpet the dead in Christ will
rise. And we who are alieve shall meet them
in the middle of the air. And so we shall
always be with the Lord.'
Love In Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
aka Roxy54/October Country
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Departure by Roxanne Dubarry )
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Follow The Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR