THE DAY YOU DIE
The most important day in your life is the day you die,
And your time of death could be scheduled but can’t and you don’t know why,
Somehow or other they can’t get around to changing the death rules,
About assisted suicide and euthanasia for us fools.
European countries and Oregon can do it but not us,
Our politicians have the attitude that it was ever thus,
Our politicians go to Ottawa and there they hide out,
But then they do nothing and act as if they know what it’s about.
Maybe our politicians believe that they will never die,
We will never know because they will never tell us why,
No binding referendums like the Swiss constitutional tools,
No death with dignity because it’s against religious rules.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE DAY YOU DIE by James Bredin )
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal