Mirabai (1498 - 1546 / Kudki / India)
The Dark One Is Krishna
clouds of the monsoon,
a delight to this feverish heart.
Season of rain,
season of uncontrolled whispers---the Dark One's returning!
O swollen heart,
O sky brimming with moisture---
tongued lightning first
and then thunder,
convulsive spatters of rain
and then wind, chasing the summertime heat.
Mira says: Dark One,
it's time to take my songs
into the street.
Poet Other Poems
- A Cowherding girl
- A great Yogi
- A Limb just moved
- All I Was Doing Was Breathing
- Come To My Pavilion
- Dark Friend, what can I say?
- Do Not Leave Me
- Drink the Nectar
- Friend, without that Dark raptor
- Go To That Impenetrable Realm
- I am mad with Love
- I am pale with longing for my beloved;
- I Danced Before My Giridhara
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.