Helen Click Roberts
The Celebration Of Jesus' Birthday
Each year when Christmas comes round,
I sometimes wonder if we really understand what its all about.
We are so busy talking about Santa Claus,
and rushing to the shopping malls,
trying to hurry and buy them out,
That we never stop and think
that its Jesus' Birthday,
We are to Celebrate.
This Christmas, when we open our gaily wrapped Christmas Gifts,
with their Ribbons Bows, and Tinsel,
Let us Remember its Jesus' Birthday.
That's why it's Christmas.
Like the wise men with their Gifts, of Frankincense, and Myrrh.
Let us give the wonderful gift of peace and love.
For Jesus, was born as the Saviour, of the world.
When we sit down to our Christmas Dinner.
Let us bow our heads, and pray.
Let us Remember it's a Celebration of Jesus' Birthday.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Celebration Of Jesus' Birthday by Helen Click Roberts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Flower of Liberty, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- innocence, abdirahman haaji rilwaan
- MOST LIVING PEOPLE, Michael P. Johnson
- Beautiful rose, Andytics mufc
- How Not to Play War, Ima Ryma
- We are here to sing, gajanan mishra
- The Girls And Their Peep Hole, Is It Poetry
- Goodbye dream, Marilyn Jean
- '' You're No Better Than Us '', bri mar
- Becoming Part Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nineteen Years Since Your Passing, Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..