The Bird May Die...
I feel sad,
I feel blue.
I go outside and rub my cold fingers-
on the sleek shell of the silent night.
I see that all lights of contact are dark,
All lanes to relate us- are blocked.
Nobody will introduce me to the sun,
Nobody will take me- to the gathering of doves.
Keep the flight in mind,
The bird may die.
Translation: Maryam Dilmaghani, September 2006, Montreal
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Bird May Die... by Forough Farrokhzad )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Tohum Dükkanı, Deniz Atay
- Forgetting My Father, Ryan Scales
- Remembering My Father, Ryan Scales
- Senin Değilim, Deniz Atay
- Bir Ok, Bir Şarkı, Deniz Atay
- Small welcome thoughts of mine through t.., binod bastola
- Gül Ailesi, Deniz Atay
- Bırak Unutulsun, Deniz Atay
- Kindess Without A Reason, Melissa Furey
- Hatırladım, Deniz Atay