The Bird May Die...
I feel sad,
I feel blue.
I go outside and rub my cold fingers-
on the sleek shell of the silent night.
I see that all lights of contact are dark,
All lanes to relate us- are blocked.
Nobody will introduce me to the sun,
Nobody will take me- to the gathering of doves.
Keep the flight in mind,
The bird may die.
Translation: Maryam Dilmaghani, September 2006, Montreal
Forough Farrokhzad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Bird May Die... by Forough Farrokhzad )
Did you read them?
- COURAGE, LOVE & OBEDIENCE, Tom Zart
- You Are My Everything, Lilly Emery
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- The Transcendental At Worthington Lake, Harry Freeman
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery
- MEDUSA, Lilly Emery
- The Exile, Rishi Kaul
- Bitter Sweet, Lilly Emery