The Bind of Sleep
I bind with sleep in the depth of my mind,
Where I find, and attempt to keep, treasures of mine:
Time wasted, feelings faded,
All the love,
And all the hatred,
Which rise and decline
As chills down my spine.
I lie to myself awake,
Open-mouthed and feeling
For Feeling's sake.
It sends me reeling
With the coy dealings
I die, and die, until left with only life
To face until truly late.
Edwin Cordero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Bind of Sleep by Edwin Cordero )
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher
- Get Back To Those Books, Ronell Warren Alman
- Llama Looks Up, Warren Falcon
- Mad Cow Gelatin, Saiom Shriver
- My Wish One Day, But..., Luis Estable
- Now That I Love You, abigail sikwenda
- AMALFI COAST, Elia Michael
- My Lover`s Lips Are Honey, Luis Estable