It should have been more.
It should have been less.
I feel so rotten about it.
This fragment of friendship—
This montage of union—
Extinguishes fumes of disillusion.
Is it possible to pave a way
For two souls to exchange
The happenings of night and day
Without solace in fray—
Without envious decay
Eroding its rocky base?
Edwin Cordero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Bay by Edwin Cordero )
- Living Through Expectations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #53, Ronjoy Brahma
- Melancholy, Wani Rahil
- जिन्दगी छोटी सी...., chanchal gupta
- Rahi us shaqs se bichadkar ye gila - Gha.., Talab ...
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #52, Ronjoy Brahma
- Africa-the-Mermaid-Princess, Margaret Alice Second
- A Lasting Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- आं उन्दुबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- The girl of great beauty was not to be s.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(July 15 1964)
Hans Christian Andersen
(2 April 1805 – 4 August 1875)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(21 May 1855 – 27 November 1916)
(12 February 1828 – 18 May 1909)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)