Adam M. Snow
Take My Sword
I clinch my sword overwhelming woe,
as I ought the urge, the bloodshed go.
But naught I, nor will I truly dare fight,
this weathered curse taken upon my sight.
Do I dare take this blade to soar,
piercing my heart evermore?
Then by all means end my sorrow,
that I may wake upon the morrow.
But I ask, 'What is it for me,
if I shall see
again my dream? '
Take my sword if you dare;
my burden and bare-
witness the downfall of man.
It has been our plan;
to lose all and gain none,
from now till life is done.
I long for that, a new home.
Adam M. Snow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Take My Sword by Adam M. Snow )
- COURAGE, LOVE & OBEDIENCE, Tom Zart
- You Are My Everything, Lilly Emery
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- The Transcendental At Worthington Lake, Harry Freeman
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery
- MEDUSA, Lilly Emery
- The Exile, Rishi Kaul
- Bitter Sweet, Lilly Emery