A sweet dream is not a dream
As it seems, like a vapor hinges on slopping hill
To evaporate meekly with suns ray
Or to be dispersed by storming gale.
Scatter and fallen over lives misery, thou
Unaccounted jewel etherial in Gods treasury.
Like ruler of day appear in dawn,
Lure the human souls to play
With hidden wants flourishing ever on infant steed.
Men talk, laugh and unfold their hearts liberty ere thee.
Then your noon comes with slimming sleep
Weakens in fancies trimming wings
Like a caged bird or like a butterfly shedding its untimely hues.
Thy apparitions appear like a blue moon that
Bid us adieu with selfish pace
Leaving us in taller forms unnatural at drowsy state.
Such a power you have though reticent,
Hangs throughout the day like afternoon melancholy
Till another day comes to play laced with common story.
Thou child of wonder, playful and sweet,
Not too known but not fully unknown,
Amaze us utmost even in your brief sojourn
Revealing all feasting roles from yon magic case,
Then fled like truant meteor from midnight sky
Dropping trail of laughters and joys
And valence of sweetened memoirs
Even on doleful heavy hours.
shuvo chakraborty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sweet Dream by shuvo chakraborty )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Coach journey home, Mark Heathcote
- Another Barn Burns (don't call 911), Monk E. Biz
- Confirmation, Yuliy Valenko
- The bee Haiku, Sambanath Denis
- The Slight And Sorry Words, Sambanath Denis
- On A Painting, Sambanath Denis
- The Day Your Mother Kept For You, mary douglas
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray