A sweet dream is not a dream
As it seems, like a vapor hinges on slopping hill
To evaporate meekly with suns ray
Or to be dispersed by storming gale.
Scatter and fallen over lives misery, thou
Unaccounted jewel etherial in Gods treasury.
Like ruler of day appear in dawn,
Lure the human souls to play
With hidden wants flourishing ever on infant steed.
Men talk, laugh and unfold their hearts liberty ere thee.
Then your noon comes with slimming sleep
Weakens in fancies trimming wings
Like a caged bird or like a butterfly shedding its untimely hues.
Thy apparitions appear like a blue moon that
Bid us adieu with selfish pace
Leaving us in taller forms unnatural at drowsy state.
Such a power you have though reticent,
Hangs throughout the day like afternoon melancholy
Till another day comes to play laced with common story.
Thou child of wonder, playful and sweet,
Not too known but not fully unknown,
Amaze us utmost even in your brief sojourn
Revealing all feasting roles from yon magic case,
Then fled like truant meteor from midnight sky
Dropping trail of laughters and joys
And valence of sweetened memoirs
Even on doleful heavy hours.
shuvo chakraborty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sweet Dream by shuvo chakraborty )
- Transliteration of My Promise to You, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Why do You Love Me So Much?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sense of Discrimination, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Christ, the King Fights Our Wars, Dr John Celes
- Within The System, Katherine Nordhaus
- Another, Katelin Taylor
- Under my bed, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Words have power, gajanan mishra
- 001, Pijush Biswas
- The Stream called Love, Pranab K. Chakraborty
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner, Randall Jarrell
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)