It was a beautiful starry summer night
And the moon shone “oh so bright”
Every star was beckoning me to set my heart free.
Love can give you happiness or pain
And no two are ever the same
I was taken in by the lovely smile
And it lasted for such a long while
Then the eyes pulled me in like a whirlpool
Pulls everything from all around
Deeper and deeper till it reaches ground.
Then the soft gentle touch turned my thoughts into mush.
Then came the lips so soft and sweet, as my heart skipped a beat.
She then had me in her control and I felt I lost my soul
I knew that I would give in – because all of this was done
By the summer wind.
© L. RAMS 12514
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Summer Wind by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rain, Neela Nath
- Somehow...Someway, Charles Hancock
- Truly Inspiring, Electric Lady
- Unrest Soul: Before Ebola Comes, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- मन साफ़ करता है।man saaf karta hai, hasmukh amathalal
- The Communists Recognize Only The Two, C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I AM, hasmukh amathalal
- Tales Of A Wife: Yes I Do, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- television, smriti chhibber
- Grass, smriti chhibber