It was a beautiful starry summer night
And the moon shone “oh so bright”
Every star was beckoning me to set my heart free.
Love can give you happiness or pain
And no two are ever the same
I was taken in by the lovely smile
And it lasted for such a long while
Then the eyes pulled me in like a whirlpool
Pulls everything from all around
Deeper and deeper till it reaches ground.
Then the soft gentle touch turned my thoughts into mush.
Then came the lips so soft and sweet, as my heart skipped a beat.
She then had me in her control and I felt I lost my soul
I knew that I would give in – because all of this was done
By the summer wind.
© L. RAMS 12514
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Summer Wind by louis rams )
- Three Small Fancies, Ananta Madhavan
- Sips through lips, Aftab Alam
- The Mature Woman 2, Tex T Sarnie
- Invitation for Re - Opening Ceremony!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Unbarreled Gun, Edwin Cordero
- Thread of thought, Roann Mendriq
- Baking Bread, Roann Mendriq
- Completion, White Lily
- Tears, Michael McParland
- Spin of a coin, Tribhawan Kaul
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)