It was a beautiful starry summer night
And the moon shone “oh so bright”
Every star was beckoning me to set my heart free.
Love can give you happiness or pain
And no two are ever the same
I was taken in by the lovely smile
And it lasted for such a long while
Then the eyes pulled me in like a whirlpool
Pulls everything from all around
Deeper and deeper till it reaches ground.
Then the soft gentle touch turned my thoughts into mush.
Then came the lips so soft and sweet, as my heart skipped a beat.
She then had me in her control and I felt I lost my soul
I knew that I would give in – because all of this was done
By the summer wind.
© L. RAMS 12514
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Summer Wind by louis rams )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Jesus And Gandhi: South And North Of Sam.., Saiom Shriver
- I Remember, Ronald Chapman
- The Flash Of The Brahman, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Chick Coalition, Saiom Shriver
- it's no surprise i'm weeping, just a lit.., Mandolyn ...
- Culmination, Angell Afinowi
- A Flowers Telling of Orpheus, Skyler Ryan
- West, GRANT FRASER
- Hurricane Kaitlyn, Bernard Snyder
- Old Breath, GRANT FRASER