The Sun is a bubbling drunk,
all alone, shining bright!
with no one to truly kiss
But for now, he drinks it up,
I like you sometimes, not always,
You need to drink too, I know,
but I need to think clearer...
Should pursue, something new,
Your going to burn out someday,
as will I, that's what I like about
Sharing and sparing and tearing,
and wearing ourselves down,
Standing in a very dark hall,
with all my thoughts hanging out,
no matter what!
Let your heart meat exalt, do leaps,
until it breaks,
For most people are unkind and blind,
or even rich, repulsively stupid!
Surely there's some truth in that?
And even the poor can seem so shallow,
we all are...at times,
But the Sun burns true,
And I know that we will die quite soon,
And everything we said or did,
will be lost in a smokescreen,
but what about all these fences, thoughts?
Be a Bridge - C'mon!
Feel brave - C'mon!
Sometimes I give up
just in case
I can't hold myself up,
look at this - look,
Feel the weight!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Summer Sphere by GRANT FRASER )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Play The Game, Jessie Pope
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Blinded by stress, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Of Fauns Of Satyrs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The next activity, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As aged I, Emmanuel George Cefai
- true friend, Rani Jain
- In laziness begot, Emmanuel George Cefai