RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Wriggling inside, nervous energy squirming around, allowing for all the stress going on today - it's pretty mild.
So far every avenue is filled with blockages, preventing me from giving in and resting deep in contemplation.
Far into my mind I delve and dive, attempting to bring myself into a somewhat relaxed mode.
Life must be slowed down so I can remember what it's like to be smart again because of memory problems plaquing and suffocating my intellect.
Arriving at conclusions close to imagination I strive to coallesce and collate every thought into albums to put on my photographic screens of subconsciousness.
Feeling at ease a little more, I begin to float in my oasis of the soul, settling into a pool of imagination.
Giving in to the feelings, I lie back and bring my being into alignment with who I am inside.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Suffocating Intellect by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Democracies All Must Fail, Is It Poetry
- Conviction's Diatribe, michael walkerjohn
- Think right, hasmukh amathalal
- BYE! BYE! ! BYE! ! ! EBOLA! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- The Occident's Secession, michael walkerjohn
- One's Mind, michael walkerjohn
- Mind's Refuse, michael walkerjohn
- 6 is truly 9, michael walkerjohn
- Flowers!, rajendran muthiah
- Never feel alone, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley