Suffer In Paradise
As call of Spring dins all around,
The meadow wakes from wintry sleep
To stir a frenzy to the ground
And even to old dreams laid deep
Dreams of a seed, the world to dare
For patch of Eden worth to tend,
When to a hoarfrost would despair
Frost’s lease of Winter might extend
But to decide things out of spite
For wish so brazenly denied
Beclouds the issues of its plight
As being just intents of pride
Oh seed, inside you know what’s true
Mark your smile, never it belies
That your heart nary dwells with you.
Need you suffer in Paradise?
Poet Other Poems
- A Drunken Sonnet
- A Beach Wish
- A Believer To His Love
- A Child Of The Road
- A Doctor To His Love
- A Fetus Speaks
- A Madrigal # 1: 'Cry Not Yourself To Sl...
- A Madrigal # 5: 'Cottage By A Wind-swep...
- A Madrigal # 6: 'Always hold On To Th S...
- A Madrigal #10: 'Tomorrow Might Not Com...
- A Madrigal #2: 'Song For Nectaria'
- A Madrigal #3: 'When You Threw Roses'
- A Madrigal #4: 'Seems Just Yesterday'
- A Madrigal #8: 'Hints Of Love'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.