Starfish, starfish you live on the ground
Starfish, starfish you hardly make a sound,
Your patterns seems to inspire us
You just stay there and don’t make a fuss.
You're as delicate as baby’s bone
You live in the sea yourself alone,
You’re as complex as snowflakes
Living in oceans and lakes.
You sunbathe on sand
You see people picking you up with their hand,
Sea waves whistling
You’re maybe listening.
Sometimes you may have a friend
That can whizz around and bend,
Maybe you’re dizzy and hot
By seeing your friends move a lot.
You see fishes go by
What you can do is only sigh,
If you die, your spirit would go way up high
Up, up, up in the starry sky.
Jakaria Uddin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Starfish by Jakaria Uddin )
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar