Spurning Artificial Limits
Spurning artificial limits, she
Aims at ideals assuring future bright.
Natural skills are reinforced despite
Great need for greater space, for quality.
The grace we trace unlocked is, needs no key.
Ostentation superficial slight
Notice draws for, turning to insight,
An intuition deep helps her to see
Truth's beacon light with perspicacity.
As actors in Life's play may one day we
Link 'cause' into 'effect' to share delight,
Independant minds combined, yet free.
Allow yourself the luxury to look!
World wide awaits, forever open book,
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Spurning Artificial Limits by Jonathan ROBIN )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(25 July 1956)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- Gratefulness, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Sonnet: The Awesome Creator, Dr John Celes
- Sashay, Cee Bea
- Snakes are snakes always, gajanan mishra
- Sonnets Uncorseted, Maxine Kumin
- Sky, mina lotfi
- Where are my children, gajanan mishra
- Winter Festival Chant, Luo Zhihai
- A Humble Heroine, Max Plowman
- Dear Amy Nehzooukammyatootill, Aimee Nezhukumatathil
- I fear a foolish, gajanan mishra