Spark of Light
It was in Albania where the spark was lit,
The year,1910 - yes, I think that was it.
At the birth of a baby girl, a glow embarked,
A flick of a candle was caused by spark.
As the years went by, the spark glowed bright,
Into India, Mother Theresa carried a light,
She shun on the sick, outcasts and poor,
There were many a traveller that came to her door.
She campaigned for the life of the unborn child,
Offered hope to the hopeless and made life worthwhile,
Throughout the streets of Calcutta, her name was renowned,
She was the queen of Bengal, but love was her crown.
Autumn; the glow went dim, it flicked, went and was gone,
But all that she stood for will extend and go on,
Mother Theresa passed away to a far better places,
Because of her work, she enriched the whole human race.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Spark of Light by mai venn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- What Saves Us, Bruce Weigl
- My Love For You, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Dream (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Don't Be Afraid, Ronald Chapman
- My Ode to Oluebube, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Dogs, Ronald Chapman
- Dog / Cat, Ronald Chapman
- Beautiful World, John Schwartz
- Mera Man......................, sonali kumari
- Another Sound, Neelam Dadhwal