Spark of Light
It was in Albania where the spark was lit,
The year,1910 - yes, I think that was it.
At the birth of a baby girl, a glow embarked,
A flick of a candle was caused by spark.
As the years went by, the spark glowed bright,
Into India, Mother Theresa carried a light,
She shun on the sick, outcasts and poor,
There were many a traveller that came to her door.
She campaigned for the life of the unborn child,
Offered hope to the hopeless and made life worthwhile,
Throughout the streets of Calcutta, her name was renowned,
She was the queen of Bengal, but love was her crown.
Autumn; the glow went dim, it flicked, went and was gone,
But all that she stood for will extend and go on,
Mother Theresa passed away to a far better places,
Because of her work, she enriched the whole human race.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Spark of Light by mai venn )
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
- आथिखाल, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)