Ronberge (anno secundo)
sonnet Was There No Truth to Your Beauty? a poem about beauty beauty beauty beauty beauty
Was there no truth to your beauty?
What of the lies your beauty told me?
Was your beauty all that there was to see?
Did I not make your beauty part of me?
Your beauty that shone like a beacon in a crowd!
Your beauty that veiled my senses in a shroud!
Your beauty, which deterred seeing your person?
Was your beauty not more… a gilded prison?
But time unyielding holds your beauty as hostage,
It acts on your beauty, displaying its ravage.
Your beauty so idly fears that it may lose its face.
Each passing year sends your beauty to its resting place.
Should you once beg of age to have mercy on your beauty,
Just recall what little mercy your beauty had on me.
Ronberge (anno secundo)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (sonnet Was There No Truth to Your Beauty? a poem about beauty beauty beauty beauty beauty by Ronberge (anno secundo) )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Miracle in a Poem, Sandra Feldman
- Angels Come (Haiku), Sambanath Denis
- love for jezebel, ademola oluwabusayo
- Process Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Growing Older, Kyle Schlicher
- Smoking Euthanasia, Dexsta Ray
- pitter patter pong, lee fones
- Slice Of Heaven, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Keep Your Brain Sharp, Ronell Warren Alman
- Nature's Pockets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak