Allama Muhammad Iqbal
I want to have the extremes of your Love,
See, how silly am I, wishing for unachievable.
I don't care if you maltreat me or promise to unveil your beauty,
I just want something unbearable to test my fortitude
Let the God fearing people be dwelling in the paradise,
For, instead I want to be face to face with you.
(I don't want to go to paradise but want to observe the Divine Beauty)
O fellows, I am here for a few moments, as a gust,
Like morning star I will fade and vanish in a few moments.
I disclosed the secret in public,
I need to be punished for being so rude.
Allama Muhammad Iqbal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Desire by Allama Muhammad Iqbal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- BABIES LOVE, Christina Sunrise
- ANGER STEMS FROM PAIN, Christina Sunrise
- ACTION IS WHERE IT STARTS, Christina Sunrise
- Night terrors, Ryan Brodesser
- River Ran Red, Kim Barney
- KRIG, Gunnar Mo.
- Sink the Dream Boat, Babbling Brookes
- AFFIRMATIONS, Christina Sunrise
- Good Riddance, Electric Lady
- Charlie Chaplin, Mark Heathcote