Allama Muhammad Iqbal
I want to have the extremes of your Love,
See, how silly am I, wishing for unachievable.
I don't care if you maltreat me or promise to unveil your beauty,
I just want something unbearable to test my fortitude
Let the God fearing people be dwelling in the paradise,
For, instead I want to be face to face with you.
(I don't want to go to paradise but want to observe the Divine Beauty)
O fellows, I am here for a few moments, as a gust,
Like morning star I will fade and vanish in a few moments.
I disclosed the secret in public,
I need to be punished for being so rude.
Allama Muhammad Iqbal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Desire by Allama Muhammad Iqbal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- white paper, binod bastola
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -37, Ronjoy Brahma
- Rename the sun, gajanan mishra
- Hold color, hasmukh amathalal
- NATURE'S FRAGRANCE, Romeo Della Valle
- Evolution, Is It Poetry
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -36, Ronjoy Brahma
- Tomorrow, Tony Adah
- Confession, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Rain and Water II, Ismim Putera