Son Of God
Kings of the Earth, were you not told?
Messiah must be born!
And though His heart is good as gold,
One day He stands forlorn...
And eyes shall fall when blessed hopes fade,
How can this be the Christ?
For there He stands as one betrayed,
Good Shepherd sacrificed!
Behold the Man! His hands, His feet!
Behold what Man has done!
His mortal flesh to scourge and beat
And yet... Behold God's Son!
The Lamb of God is here!
Passover Lamb, He dies for them...
His life to volunteer...
Oh, foolish kings, advised by pride,
Though fear rules you supreme,
You would not watch Him crucified,
Nor share that awful dream,
Nor bear one mark upon your backs
To save another's soul,
While on His cross no courage lacks,
As He maintains control...
For there He stays, no angels called,
No drug to soothe the pain,
As Mother Mary weeps appalled
At every new blood stain...
But grace prevails, one thief rejects
And yet another prays,
In paying Jesus Christ respects,
The Saviour then repays...
For Paradise is but God's grace,
Forgiveness from a friend,
A symbol for the Human Race,
Before each sinner's end...
Then final breaths came to the Lord,
His work on Earth was done!
And so today we stand assured
In loving Christ, God's Son!
For written ancient years ago
Within both praise and psalm,
His light would set the world aglow,
Despite this present harm...
Back from the prison Man calls Death,
The Son of God must rise!
Behold Jesus of Nazareth!
God's King before your eyes!
Denis Martindale, copyright, March 2014.
The Easter poem is based upon the film called SON OF GOD.
GOD TV and Revelation TV websites and their watch now
details can be found on Google. Seek and ye shall find...
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Son Of God by Denis Martindale )
- strange is the mindset!, Somanathan Iyer
- DREAMS........., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- For My Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- On pins and needles, gajanan mishra
- Soul's Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Images Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- لماذا, ala rhmn
- Down below, GRANT FRASER
- لماذا, ala rhmn
- Branches Reaching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Prayer Before Birth, Louis Macneice
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)