Something About T.S. Eliot
Sorrowful screams of terror echoed through the cosmos.
Smoke tumbling from an evaporated city,
Shadows etched into eternity on suddenly smooth surfaces.
On the outskirts fear plummeted through them
Shaking whimpers from curled bodies,
Blood pooling in all the cracks.
Splattered across a concrete forest.
All of everywhere experienced a moment
Where the world stopped turning.
Across galaxies, something with..
Immeasurable rotational velocity.
A smile cracked in stone.
Speeding toward a milky way,
The greenest thing it has ever seen.
Turning white hot in the atmosphere.
An epic explosion of brimming hell fire
Hurling surviving chunks into the sun itself.
The whimper of a crumbling Earth.
Emily Beck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Something About T.S. Eliot by Emily Beck )
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(1644 - 1694)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Died Eagle, Nassy Fesharaki
- Calm Days'll Arrive, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Aches Of Mermen, Naveed Akram
- Wash Out, Tina Chan
- Lucid Awake Changing Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Never Easy To Make, Tina Chan
- Sorry, Tina Chan
- Let us go, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- ~Hell On Earth Is Art In Heaven~, E Nigma
- BABIES LOVE, Christina Sunrise