Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty!
Each kitty's just a ball of fluff,
A teeny-weeny form
And not what you'd first think as tough
And yet it's soft and warm...
And should you hold that kitty near
And look into its eyes,
A sudden thrill will then appear
Before you realise!
That little one looks up to you,
Sees smiles like none before
And though it hasn't got a clue,
Those smiles it can't ignore...
For those with twinkling eyes and smiles
Look kindly once again,
A combination that beguiles,
That's meant to, now and then...
And if your love grows constant, friend,
Your kitty friend's the same,
Thus on your kindness can depend
Each time it hears its name...
To play with rolled-up balls of string,
To chase a torchlight's beam,
Plum-tuckered out from everything,
To pause its paws and dream...
And should it purr with teeny purrs,
You have to hold it close,
It cuddles up when that occurs
And often licks your nose!
It's just its way, but that's enough,
I know it's all it's got,
Each kitty friend's born full of love
And yet it gives the lot!
Denis Martindale, copyright, November 2013.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty! by Denis Martindale )
- Gridlock, Polarization And Shown Indiffe.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Similar yet different, Nassy Fesharaki
- Early To Bed, Michael McParland
- Burnt Offerings, John Tansey
- On the Day Isaac Lay Upon the Rock, Guillermo Veloso
- 567, Mandolyn ...
- A Painful Extraction, Greg Costello
- Never Conquering Friendship, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At shoes' stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hindsight Can Not Be Blinded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Heather Burns