So, this is America
So, this is America, we are in.
Land of Lincoln, Washington, Franklin.
Confluence of cultures, languages and races
Where freedom with discipline embraces.
A phenomenon of our modern times
Of, by and for the people it chimes.
Micro soft hearts with 'Intel'ligence
Make us google for human elegance.
The statue of Liberty stands so tall
Symbolizing eternal hope for all.
Oh, America, here now we come
Enjoying fully your warm welcome!
(I landed in America on 14.04.2014 with my wife. I wrote this poem to mark he occasion)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (So, this is America by Natarajan Ramaseshan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If a Hippo Said Boo, Stephen Katona
- Real, The Princess
- Poetic Journey, Sandra Feldman
- Start Afresh, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Am, Luc Leclaire
- PTSD, Jennifer Matthews
- The House On Mountain Peek, StarrLee Waterman
- Damaged Heart, StarrLee Waterman
- Wandering Lost Souls Homeless Outcasts, Terence G. Craddock
- one door, binod bastola