So, this is America
So, this is America, we are in.
Land of Lincoln, Washington, Franklin.
Confluence of cultures, languages and races
Where freedom with discipline embraces.
A phenomenon of our modern times
Of, by and for the people it chimes.
Micro soft hearts with 'Intel'ligence
Make us google for human elegance.
The statue of Liberty stands so tall
Symbolizing eternal hope for all.
Oh, America, here now we come
Enjoying fully your warm welcome!
(I landed in America on 14.04.2014 with my wife. I wrote this poem to mark he occasion)
Natarajan Ramaseshan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (So, this is America by Natarajan Ramaseshan )
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL