Colin Ian Jeffery
Taken in war or kidnapped
Shackled in irons to be sold
They are humans of despair.
Sold as property to be servile
They live a life of misery.
Treated as unruly dogs
Working from dawn to dusk
Breeding more slaves.
In captivity they sing of freedom
Spirit never wavering
Knowing God will set them free.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SLAVERY by Colin Ian Jeffery )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote
- Sailing away, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Altered reality, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Family Reunion, Lawrence Beck
- EIDIA العيدية (MONEY GIVEN BY PARENTS TO.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Valentine, mary douglas
- GOD'S GLORY, Tom Zart
- Even After Us, Naveed Akram