Skylights To His Soul
Green hazel lights gilt rimmed with gold,
that sparkle like the morning sun;
That splash with fountains uncontrolled,
that brim in joyous childlike fun.
When he is dismal, they grow dark,
with shadows hiding unknown fears;
Not one glimmer, nor one spark,
A signal that heralds the tears.
And when he's angry, they flash fire,
embers gleam and burst aflame,
into a blaze that bristles higher,
until he can his temper claim.
All the time, they mesmerise,
I gaze in wonder in my child's eyes.
Add update You have 500characters left Submit Cancel
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Skylights To His Soul by Roann Mendriq )
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar