Poetry For Children: Happy Teachers' Day!
Happy Teachers’ Day
God is always very busy,
He has lots work to do;
So, He created Teachers,
To help both me and you!
Every Teacher is an Angel,
sent from God above;
To teach us Mathematics,
with gentle, patient love.
Angel Teachers are intelligent,
God made them very wise;
They keep smiling all the time,
with happy, twinkling eyes!
God needed an Angel Teacher,
To care for clever little boys;
A very, special Teacher,
who would handle all their noise!
He needed someone patient;
With a brain just like a book;
Who could quell their pandemonium,
with just one gentle look!
God searched the ends of all His earth,
for this glorious Angel creature;
At last He found and blessed our class...
With our dearest own class Teacher!
She’s gentle and she’s very kind,
A mathematical wiz!
She trains us in elocution,
And for a Science quiz!
Little children are naughty;
God just made us all that way!
Our Teacher helps us be our best,
in class and when at play!
At last this special day is here!
A chance for us to say...
THANK YOU DEAREST TEACHER!
HAPPY TEACHERS’ DAY! ! !
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetry For Children: Happy Teachers' Day! by Roann Mendriq )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- I Am Nobody......, Michael P. McParland
- Who to forgive., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Right Next To Me, Michael P. McParland
- Uski yaade, Thakur Jain
- Hurting, Jamila M.K.Hussen
- Little girl, Amal Ahmed
- Weeping Heart, Michael P. McParland
- The Bluff-masters As Poets, Bijay Kant Dubey
- God was born, devon da poet
- Her Name, TheSilent Loudness