Singing In The Rain
The sky’s beset and overcast—
Misty, melancholy and gray
There’s a sound of rolling thunder
Precipitation’s on the way.
The rain descends; it bottoms out.
Huge puddles forming on the ground.
And then, in the midst of it all,
There is a fain yet joyful sound.
The voice of a little sparrow
Faithfully calm amidst the rain
So soft and sweet the melody.
And so comforting the refrain.
If a bird can sing midst stormy rain,
Then I can sing despite my pain.
Walterrean Salley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Singing In The Rain by Walterrean Salley )
Did you read them?
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John