RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Shadows Of The Past
Wavering within, shadows of the past, rise and fall,
taking forbidden memories and standing aside to let
them be known.
Forgetting nothing, reliving the pain, searching for
healing deep within, holding back anger, not knowing
how to let go of it.
Feeling the need of being held as a child, yet knowing
too, it is the way of reaching the anger held inside.
Afraid of it - not letting the caring touch it for now,
a safeness is bestowed temporarily.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shadows Of The Past by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- we were made for love..., Marshall Gass
- The piano tutor......, Marshall Gass
- The fog......., Marshall Gass
- silence, Marshall Gass
- Trauma, Marshall Gass
- Tequila and Temptation., Marshall Gass
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- PEOPLE الناس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- After The Interview...ll, Morgan Michaels
- Follow The Flies, Is It Poetry